• Hi riders and readers, We just upgraded and updated some code to make things run a bit better on the site. Please let us know if you find any technical glitches or issues. Thank you again! africatwin.org staff

What did you do to your bike today??

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
I think that I got a killer deal and what I paid probably wouldn't necessarily be representative of what one should expect to pay. The front wheel is new OE Honda, the rear is a used wheel in excellent condition, neither came with rotors, but I did get the cush drive and sprocket.

Okay thanks, it gives me an idea of what I could offer for a set depending on the condition of the wheels. Were the rotors damaged on the wheels you bought?

Reactions: livingwellcfr

superfunkomatic

I have the AdMore LEDs on my top cases for commuting. They make a huge difference for visibility.
I'd like to try the Mitas E10 tires - they look like a really good balance of road/offroad (I have a set of the E07 Dakars to use this summer).
I used the Mitas E12 rear and loved it and it lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.
Let us know how the E10 does on your front.

belrix

Gold Rider
Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
My AT spent another cold and lonely day in the shed. :(

Hopefully the weather clears this week

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Lee711

Mar 11, 2018
Merseyside
Oil and filters done, 8K service parameters covered and rear brake caliper cleaned up. ( was binding slightly )

SoCalEddie

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 14, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It’s been raining in Southern California but got some sun and blue skies today. Did a 60 mile ride to test out some new riding gear.

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Finally rode the bike to work today... more rain tomorrow.

SoCalEddie

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 14, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Did you have one of those on your other bike?
Didn’t have the Touratech. This one is designed specially for the Adventure Sports model due to the different rack system that comes from the factory. Not getting a top box but need something to secure a soft top bag.

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Those racks are fantastic, I have the SW Motech variant. I can securely strap my sleeping bag to it which becomes a good foundation for the tent/sleeping pad roll, camp chair and tool bag.

Didn’t have the Touratech. This one is designed specially for the Adventure Sports model due to the different rack system that comes from the factory. Not getting a top box but need something to secure a soft top bag.

inexorable

Aug 16, 2018
UK
This weekend saw the install of the SW Motech adjustable gear lever (post coming), Oxford heated grips (newer touring model not adventure - post coming), finished installing the EasternBeaver PC8 (complications with this since December - post on that coming soon), a dual socket USB 3.0 quick chargy thingy with cool blue light voltage display (post coming) - aaaaand the RuggedRoads tail rack plate thingy (post probably not coming - but picture will).

inexorable

Aug 16, 2018
UK
Three day weekend? Now there's a movement I could get behind 👍

Reactions: SoCalEddie

Lee711

Mar 11, 2018
Merseyside
repaired a couple of bits after dropping it going through a ford at the weekend, a little too much throttle on the inclined exit and the back washed out and she went down on the left side. Givi engine bars took a hit but nothing to worry about, they did their job, a lick of hammerite and they look good as new. Crappy plastic hand guard cracked, so a generous dollop of epoxy and they're good till the barkbusters arrive and the parking brake lever got bent upwards 45* so the vice and piece of pipe got it back nearly straight. Bit of scuffing to the luggage / pillion grab rail but thats of no concern really.

Reactions: Admin

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Congratulations on breaking her in, it happens, glad that you weren't hurt. I've christened mine a few times, I'm always horrified that when I pick it up I'll find the gas tank smashed in, so far I've been lucky.

repaired a couple of bits after dropping it going through a ford at the weekend, a little too much throttle on the inclined exit and the back washed out and she went down on the left side. Givi engine bars took a hit but nothing to worry about, they did their job, a lick of hammerite and they look good as new. Crappy plastic hand guard cracked, so a generous dollop of epoxy and they're good till the barkbusters arrive and the parking brake lever got bent upwards 45* so the vice and piece of pipe got it back nearly straight. Bit of scuffing to the luggage / pillion grab rail but thats of no concern really.

Reactions: Lee711

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu