• Thank you again for being a part of this community of riders and enthusiasts at africatwin.org. We can't say thank you enough to our donors this year. We're wishing everyone a happy holiday season and happy 2020!

What did you do to your bike today??

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Vantucky, Wa
Eastern Beaver 3CS installed and, once again, all the electronics work!

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Vantucky, Wa
you bet! Here's a link. They take a couple weeks coming from China, but they do the job quite nicely.

JoToPe

Sep 3, 2019
Dripping Springs
Installed a center stand that looked like a SW Motech (but I’m pretty sure it was a Chicom knock off) from Amazon. Had a clearance issue on the chain side swing arm, but was able to bend the leg a little with an acetylene torch. Springs were a PITA so I used the ol paracord and ratchet strap method and they slipped right on the nub. All is good now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LouisPK

2000DXP

Nov 13, 2019
GB
I installed the Camel ADV screen brace, Eastern Beaver PC-8 and then my Garmin rugged mount for the Montana 650t.

All very simple and no dramas.

Regards

Dave

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: belrix and LouisPK

T2AZZ

Sep 1, 2019
Arizona
I bought my 2019 ATAS DCT this past September and just about complete with the mods.
Here is a list of the mods:
McCruise Cruise Control
SW-Motech Centerstand
SW-Motech Side Kickstand Pad
Double Take Adventure Mirrors
Moto Manufacturing Mirrorlok mirror extensions
Happy Trails SU Side Racks
AltRider upper, mid, and lower crash bars
AltRider Skid Plate
AltRider Headlight Guard
Camel ADV Foot Pegs
SW-Motech Brake Pedal Extension
Quadlok Phone Moto Mount Kit/Ram Mount
TechSpec Snake Skin Tank Pads
DIY Tubeless for Rear Wheel
Motoz Tractionator GPS Front and Rear Tires
1388F571-CD51-4CE8-9446-126EE89957F3.jpeg
The next and last mod are hand guards.

Reactions: belrix

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
I ordered a Yoshimura RS-4 muffler for my AT!

Hopefully it isn't too loud but will please the juvenile portion of my brain.

Bbbrrraaapppttt!!! :)

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Nice! Have the prices come down a little?

I ordered a Yoshimura RS-4 muffler for my AT!

Hopefully it isn't too loud but will please the juvenile portion of my brain.

Bbbrrraaapppttt!!! :)

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
I just don't get why ADV parts are so expensive. I shouldn't complain, just got a new to me 4x4, all accessories start at $1K.

Nope, the darn thing never did go on-sale over the Holidays, but I just found my contract was renewed for a year so I bite the bullet and ordered one.

Late X-Mas present to me!

daytonatwin

Oct 26, 2019
central fl
Just about dumped it in graded Fl extra sugary fluffy sugar sand! Ever heard of the OLD DIXIE BRICK HWY? out of Bunnell or Espanola FL Been thru the 12 mile one way or the other a few times, once on a Hayabusa 1300, but its been dry and unbeknownst to me they are grading it now that log haulers are tearing it up. I got going a pretty good clip, abs still on 26psi front and 36 rear stocker tires and a$$ pucker thru front wash to the left from center graded heap @ about 30mph leg down and recovered, from the swail or shoulder and started up to center and good thing R leg is A much better landing or getaway stick than the other cause I would say I did a rival to Mark Marquez save when it washed to the Right! Still @ 15 to 18 mph. I paddled back after a grandpa turn around to where the brick was legible. This is what it used to look like and what I was expecting it would be all the way. PS was in a short sleeve Tee and was sweaty @ 2pm.

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Problem is you weren’t going fast enough... Mark. That’s easily a 70 mph road.

Jorge.

Just about dumped it in graded Fl extra sugary fluffy sugar sand! Ever heard of the OLD DIXIE BRICK HWY? out of Bunnell or Espanola FL Been thru the 12 mile one way or the other a few times, once on a Hayabusa 1300, but its been dry and unbeknownst to me they are grading it now that log haulers are tearing it up. I got going a pretty good clip, abs still on 26psi front and 36 rear stocker tires and a$$ pucker thru front wash to the left from center graded heap @ about 30mph leg down and recovered, from the swail or shoulder and started up to center and good thing R leg is A much better landing or getaway stick than the other cause I would say I did a rival to Mark Marquez save when it washed to the Right! Still @ 15 to 18 mph. I paddled back after a grandpa turn around to where the brick was legible. This is what it used to look like and what I was expecting it would be all the way. PS was in a short sleeve Tee and was sweaty @ 2pm.
View attachment 2252

Reactions: livingwellcfr

daytonatwin

Oct 26, 2019
central fl
Yep me too! Its like when you broke to late drifted out to the white line @ a buck fifty and a stop to stop tank slapper is in full shoulder dislocation mode! gas it and pull a wheelie. The hump was graded into the middle of what was the brick, I just turned around dragging both feet and crept to where brick was prevalent, made sure no one saw me and chugged out of there. I can usually go where ever the crew went on my DR but i am so pleased that I'm not fixing me or my beloved AF from what was soooo close to being. 70 will probably work with say some 60/40 tires 18 and 25 psi, but not the dunlops. This was my almost very dumb almost catastrophic senior moment. All my fault for sure. See no rocks, bricks when it was layed from Ft pierce to Jacksonville in the 20's

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Mark, you missed my Jorge joke. Jorge is my hero. Mark is pretty good too. I sure do miss the 500 2 stroke days.

Yep me too! Its like when you broke to late drifted out to the white line @ a buck fifty and a stop to stop tank slapper is in full shoulder dislocation mode! gas it and pull a wheelie. The hump was graded into the middle of what was the brick, I just turned around dragging both feet and crept to where brick was prevalent, made sure no one saw me and chugged out of there. I can usually go where ever the crew went on my DR but i am so pleased that I'm not fixing me or my beloved AF from what was soooo close to being. 70 will probably work with say some 60/40 tires 18 and 25 psi, but not the dunlops. This was my almost very dumb almost catastrophic senior moment. All my fault for sure. See no rocks, bricks when it was layed from Ft pierce to Jacksonville in the 20's

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Best $600 I have ever spent on any of my bikes and since has been on my almost $20,000 AT is my Scotts steering stabilizer... that thing will make sugar sand your bitch!! Dunlops or any tire really!! Now not everyone can afford one of those I fully understand but I saved up for it just like any other farkle (though it started its life on an old xt600) It is in my humble opinion truly the best mod you can make (sept maybe true knobbies) to an offroad bike

Keep the rubber side down

Reactions: BobSill

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu