• Thank you again for being a part of this community of riders and enthusiasts at africatwin.org. We can't say thank you enough to our donors this year. We're wishing everyone a happy holiday season and happy 2020!

What did you do to your bike today??

2000DXP

Nov 13, 2019
GB
Fitted a dual USB charging socket with volt meter built in. Installed to factory hole on the dash and wired into the Eastern Beaver PC 8.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Admin and belrix

Cuchulainn

Gold Rider
Aug 10, 2017
Denver, CO
www.rmmrc.org
Reactions: whopkinscom

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Vantucky, Wa
Those grips are sexy if nothing else, avoid the Oxford 80's control box

Reactions: Cuchulainn

Black99S

Aug 25, 2016
BC, Canada
Stripped the plastics and belly pan; dealer picked up the AT (free pick-up and return January service special) for it's 24,000km 3-yr service.
Decided I didn't want to do the valves myself and now the dealer can deal with the used oil, coolant and brake fluid.

Reactions: belrix

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Installed a set of Denali D4 lights, used a custom wiring harness from Rugged Roads that only used connectors behind the front plastics, used the datadim module, factory fog light switch and spade connectors for USB ports! The install is a long story and will post more about it in a separate thread.

Happy Camper!

D4-Aux.JPG

Reactions: superfunkomatic

cheniek

Jan 22, 2020
Poland
So today I took mine ATAS 2020 for her first ride. Need some more time to get used to DCT and totally different ride feeling then on BMW GSA1200. Already have some ideas for tuning so will keep you posted ;)

Chimera07

Dec 16, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona
Finally got most of my modifications done!!
SW- Motech crash bars and pannier racks
B&B Offroad Dakar bash plate (I cracked the left side cover on one offroad outing, this will definitely prevent that)
BarkBuster hand guards
Altrider high fender kit
Kreiga OS 32 & 22 bags
Givi windscreen

Attachments

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Sweet!

Great looking AT! Super jealous of the blacked-out color!

How are liking the OS bags? Thinking of grabbing a set for my offroady adventures

Chimera07

Dec 16, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona
Sweet!

Great looking AT! Super jealous of the blacked-out color!

How are liking the OS bags? Thinking of grabbing a set for my offroady adventures
They feel solid, very good quality, 1000D cordura, Hypalon and Kevlar. I like the look, they look "cleaner" to me than most other bags.
The downside is they definitely aren't something you can get into and out of quickly. So theres the Pannier racks, then the Kriega mounting plate (bolts to the pannier rack) and the OS bags are then attached to the mounting plate, and the straps that hold them onto the mounting plate loop around the whole bag, so you have to loosen those to unroll the top to get into them. They stay in put when you loosen those straps, so its not that big of a deal, but definitely a more lengthy process than other bags I've used in the Harley world.
I think I need a decent tank bag to hold my gloves and such for quick access. These are definitely more of a "load up your gear for all day riding and leave it till its time to stop and camp." From what I can tell thought that seems to be the theme with most soft bags?
The liner is kept in with velcro at the top and are bright white so its easy to see things stuffed down into the bottom.
The SW-Motech racks are quick detach as well so I can just take the racks/bags off and throw them into my tent or hotel room easily.
For people without quick detach racks its still pretty easy to remove the bags from the racks due to the hook system for the straps.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu