What did you do to your bike today??

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
I literally hate moving to a new apartment but the silver lining is I moved the ladies to their new heated home!! out of the storage unit and into the basement. Now I have anytime access, let the spring season begin!!!

Keep the rubber side down

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Kalamity Flats, OR
aridterra.com
Got my fancy new Barkbuster Storm bash guards and a Rotopax mount slapped on today.

Reactions: OhioAT and belrix

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Recieved my new DynoJet Powervision3 tunertomorrow will be the downloading of tunes and flashing the ECU..... wish me luck, hopefully I can do it without turning my ECU into a brick....
=

Keep the rubber side down

Reactions: belrix

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Alright... I took the 💵 hit and ordered the DYNOJET Power vision 3 direct from DynoJet. As of now it has has been installed with a 10 minute learning curve and reading the directions properly on only the 3rd time for once!!
Before starting there is a golden lining in this unit being that you can return to stock at any time with the push of a few buttons. That being said there are only 6 cookie cutter tunes as of yet on the DynoJet website but your bike setup will determine what you can use IE: Intake/exhaust setup, slip-on only, high flow intake and full exhaust system ect. ect. I have a stock intake and a slip-on Remus can so I chose the "stock intake and stock exhaust" tune and Flashed that onto the ECU in maybe 5 minutes. I could have installed the PowerCore software from the Dyno website and worked up a tune on my own but unfortunatly the PowerCore software needs a minimum of a 2.0 GHz processor and I only have a 1.8 GHz in my computer:mad: ......
Anyway, I disconnected the unit after the flash and took her for a ride.......

Herky jerky off idle-- Gone
Hot running engine--Gone
Weird throttle body pop/backfire when going from closed to open throttle-- Gone
Smooth and linear power delivery --:p
Increased power--:p(measured by butt dyno)
Pretty much anything past 1/4 throttle input past 2500 Rip-ems you better be holding on tight cuz she pulls like a scalded ape and just keeps pulling harder and harder till you hit the limiter!!!:eek:🤪🤯🥴

Worth the $$ ? Eeehhh, YES and YES but it would be better if they could dumb down the powercore software just a hair for the average guys laptop/desktop so we can make our own tunes. Though you can at any time take it to a shop with dyno and have a tune worked up for your specific bike setup and style of riding. In the software you can adjust all kind of parameters like set rev limiters, speed limits all fueling, spark timing and pretty much any other parameter you can think of.

All in all I would say this was the best purchase for the rig since the Scotts stabilizer, Its like buying a new tuned crate engine for $375!!!

Keep the rubber side down🙃

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Great! I thought I had mine all sorted, now I need something else.

Alright... I took the 💵 hit and ordered the DYNOJET Power vision 3 direct from DynoJet. As of now it has has been installed with a 10 minute learning curve and reading the directions properly on only the 3rd time for once!!
Before starting there is a golden lining in this unit being that you can return to stock at any time with the push of a few buttons. That being said there are only 6 cookie cutter tunes as of yet on the DynoJet website but your bike setup will determine what you can use IE: Intake/exhaust setup, slip-on only, high flow intake and full exhaust system ect. ect. I have a stock intake and a slip-on Remus can so I chose the "stock intake and stock exhaust" tune and Flashed that onto the ECU in maybe 5 minutes. I could have installed the PowerCore software from the Dyno website and worked up a tune on my own but unfortunatly the PowerCore software needs a minimum of a 2.0 GHz processor and I only have a 1.8 GHz in my computer:mad: ......
Anyway, I disconnected the unit after the flash and took her for a ride.......

Herky jerky off idle-- Gone
Hot running engine--Gone
Weird throttle body pop/backfire when going from closed to open throttle-- Gone
Smooth and linear power delivery --:p
Increased power--:p(measured by butt dyno)
Pretty much anything past 1/4 throttle input past 2500 Rip-ems you better be holding on tight cuz she pulls like a scalded ape and just keeps pulling harder and harder till you hit the limiter!!!:eek:🤪🤯🥴

Worth the $$ ? Eeehhh, YES and YES but it would be better if they could dumb down the powercore software just a hair for the average guys laptop/desktop so we can make our own tunes. Though you can at any time take it to a shop with dyno and have a tune worked up for your specific bike setup and style of riding. In the software you can adjust all kind of parameters like set rev limiters, speed limits all fueling, spark timing and pretty much any other parameter you can think of.

All in all I would say this was the best purchase for the rig since the Scotts stabilizer, Its like buying a new tuned crate engine for $375!!!

Keep the rubber side down🙃

Reactions: LouisPK

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Great! I thought I had mine all sorted, now I need something else.
I'm also down a tooth in the front so she might be pulling a little harder than the average bike but I might go back to the stock sprocket just to see how she really pulls now that I have the full power range back. I have also noticed even though I'm giving it more fuel I have better fuel economy

Last edited:

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Been kicking around the idea of the DynoJet or RapidBike tuner, but always get hung up on having to tap factory wire with Posi-Taps. I need to get over this aversion as I need a new project for my AT!

Tuner or stainless steel brake lines???

Stay safe!

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Been kicking around the idea of the DynoJet or RapidBike tuner, but always get hung up on having to tap factory wire with Posi-Taps. I need to get over this aversion as I need a new project for my AT!

Tuner or stainless steel brake lines???

Stay safe!
There is no tapping wires, the dynojet PLUGS directly into the diagnostic port under your seat

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
There is no tapping wires, the dynojet PLUGS directly into the diagnostic port under your seat

My apologies! I misread your post about having the Power Vision ECU programmer, I was thinking of the Power Commander. I need more coffee!

Might have to place an order for the Power Vision 3!!!

Thanks for the heads up.

:)

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Went for a ride " Down by the river!", made it through, wasn't that deep and the bottom was fairly firm. All told water was across the road at least a dozen times

Water crossings are fun!

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Took off the 15T and fitted the old stock 16T drive sprocket back on to see how she handled the trails with the newly acquired HP and smoothness from the dynojet and went for a rip through the state forests in my area. It was fantastic on the highway to get there and the fire roads but still to tall for the slow tight technical terrain.
Might think about getting a rear sprocket up up one or two teeth for maybe a best of both worlds, though it is absolutely visceral with the 15T and the dynojet

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Forgive my ignorance on this matter but I am wondering what made you choose the Power Vision over the Power Commender 5?
#1 The power commander does not actually Flash the ECU in the bike it just piggybacks in between the ECU and the fuel injection (in my opinion a less reliable and less accurate way of metering your fuel) with the commander you would need a separate "auto tune" modual and o2 sensor to get real time fuel adjustment for riding conditions the vision actually flashes a new tune onto the ECU and works with your factory o2 sensor to meter fuel in real time

#2 you have to permanently wire the commander to the bike = more weight, no matter how negligible it is it all adds up. With the vision you can flash and remove the unit (unless you want to use it as a gauge cluster)

#3 the vision has FAR FAR more functionality and ability to adjust MANY more parameters than the commander

#4 if you have a 2Ghtz or higher processor in your computer (I do not and didn't find out till after I bought it ) but you can download dynojet's "powercore tuning suite" and make your own tunes and adjustments whenever you want and flash it on the bike, parameters such as but not limited to the bikes fueling, speed limit, rev limits( even rev limits per gear your in) and MANY more

#5 as a guage cluster you can get ALL the parameters your ECU reads that you dont get on your factory dash such as actual coolant temperature in degrees °'s, real time fuel data, intake air temp, fuel ratios, throttle position, fuel demand percentages, oil pressure and I believe somewhere in the range of about 30 other parameter possibilities

It is just a far more functional and usable unit for about the same price just be aware that if you want to be able to adjust those things through the power core software you need a 2 Ghtz processor or higher on your computer, but there are as of today 6 cookie cutter tunes for the AT on the dynojet website you choose from though you dont NEED the software to be able to flash your bike with tunes just if you want to make your own tunes and adjust random parameters

Reactions: LouisPK

OhioAT

Oct 30, 2019
Ohio
Thanks for the detailed info. I have been looking into it and I would agree with your assessment. Unfortunately it seems like they don't make one yet for the 2018-19 AT's. So nothing for throttle by wire bikes. I have an 18 ATAS. I will wait on this and see what they come up with I guess.

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Kalamity Flats, OR
aridterra.com
Got my AltRider high fender kit slapped on which rounds out all the major upgrades I was after.
IMG_0583.JPG

Reactions: OhioAT

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu