• Hi everyone, hope all of you are safe and healthy. We've updated the image upload size to 5MB from 2MB so everyone can upload some pretty pictures during their quarantine. We will also be updating our software and servers as the weeks go by so please let us know if you have any issues. Wishing all riders good health during these times.

What did you do to your bike today??

OhioAT

Oct 30, 2019
Ohio
How'd the install go for you? I've got one of those kits in a box at home waiting to be installed on my 18 ATAS. Just haven't gotten around to it. Wasn't sure how long it would take.

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Kalamity Flats, OR
aridterra.com
How'd the install go for you? I've got one of those kits in a box at home waiting to be installed on my 18 ATAS. Just haven't gotten around to it. Wasn't sure how long it would take.
It wasn’t bad, under 2 hours. Running the lines properly was what I spent the most time on, partly because I’m anal and partly because the images in the instructions aren’t great. Neither is the one video on YouTube, but it all goes together smoothly.

Reactions: OhioAT

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
The only down side is under fork compression the brake lines will slap the cowling on either side of the radiators, i suggest doing what I did and get some of that 3M protective film and cover the edges of the cowling

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: LouisPK and OhioAT

OhioAT

Oct 30, 2019
Ohio
It wasn’t bad, under 2 hours. Running the lines properly was what I spent the most time on, partly because I’m anal and partly because the images in the instructions aren’t great. Neither is the one video on YouTube, but it all goes together smoothly.
I figured that was most of the hassle. It would be nice if there was a splitter up top rather than looping the cable all the way over fender and back but I thought the kit was a little better than others.

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Kalamity Flats, OR
aridterra.com
I figured that was most of the hassle. It would be nice if there was a splitter up top rather than looping the cable all the way over fender and back but I thought the kit was a little better than others.
While the routing can be a pain, the time taken is worth it. I'm quite pleased with the results and plan to test them over the next 10 days riding my ba!!s off in the Oregon desert.

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Kalamity Flats, OR
aridterra.com
Thanks! If you follow the link in my bio it goes to my blog which will have lots of photos and babble.
I’ll throw some up here, too. 😁

LeRoi

Apr 19, 2019
Denver,Co.
New Rear tire, replaced that PITA Mitas E-07 with a Moto Z tractionator GPS, mounted for 50/50 use.
The damn Mitas didn't want to come off the rim, it was a struggle, to say the least.
But the Moto Z was relatively easy to install, a major plus when remote flat repair is highly possible.
The Mitas was so difficult to break bead and repair flats that it brought me to buying a heavy duty bead breaker, which I never needed in 2 decades of riding my KLR off road. And it was always in the back of my mind, a little niggling concern that I might get stranded and not be able to fix the flat. That never bothered me before, so this is a good move I believe.
I don't need to be focused on something like that on technical sections.
I'll being giving it a good thrashing this weekend, 300 miles of combo dirt and paved road through the mountains, so we shall see.

Reactions: belrix and OhioAT

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
New Rear tire, replaced that PITA Mitas E-07 with a Moto Z tractionator GPS, mounted for 50/50 use.
The damn Mitas didn't want to come off the rim, it was a struggle, to say the least.
But the Moto Z was relatively easy to install, a major plus when remote flat repair is highly possible.
The Mitas was so difficult to break bead and repair flats that it brought me to buying a heavy duty bead breaker, which I never needed in 2 decades of riding my KLR off road. And it was always in the back of my mind, a little niggling concern that I might get stranded and not be able to fix the flat. That never bothered me before, so this is a good move I believe.
I don't need to be focused on something like that on technical sections.
I'll being giving it a good thrashing this weekend, 300 miles of combo dirt and paved road through the mountains, so we shall see.

Was the E-07 the Dakar model?

The stiffest rear tire I've ever mounted is the Dunlop TrailMax Mission, hopefully, it will last! Not looking forward to changing it,

LeRoi

Apr 19, 2019
Denver,Co.
My new Acerbis Chain Guard. Easy install, looks ok but not sure how durable.

Attachments

Reactions: belrix

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Switched my small Honda tank bag for the new waterproof 4.5l Honda tank bag

Really liking the extra room and it is still out of the way when standing

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

2000DXP

Nov 13, 2019
GB
Today, I installed some fork protection decals onto the AT. And upgraded the stock skid plate to an ACD Skid Plate.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Admin and belrix

OhioAT

Oct 30, 2019
Ohio
A few things over the past week. My Touratech racks finally showed up from Germany after almost two months in the mail. Got them mounted and finally took the Mosko bags I bought last November during their black friday sale out of the box and got them mounted. Also installed an Ohlins rear shock which is the best thing I've done yet. Finally burned through to the wear bars on the OEM tires at 6.3k miles and got some real rubber installed. Here's some pics to keep you busy at work this hump day. Enjoy!

IMG_4819.jpegIMG_4818.jpegIMG_4817.jpegIMG_4821.jpegIMG_4820.jpegIMG_4822.jpegIMG_4839.jpegIMG_4826.jpeg

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu