What did you do to your bike today??

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
While out exploring some new to me farm roads I encountered a very muddy patch with a nice later of new gravel over it! Learned a couple of things: the Dunlop Trailmax Mission tires aren't the best for heavy mud and even with a fender riser installed I managed to pack the front wheel with mud and rocks, it almost locked up!

Made it through and stopped out of the mud to clear the fender, alternate use for a tire iron. :)

Going to check it high fender options

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
While out exploring some new to me farm roads I encountered a very muddy patch with a nice later of new gravel over it! Learned a couple of things: the Dunlop Trailmax Mission tires aren't the best for heavy mud and even with a fender riser installed I managed to pack the front wheel with mud and rocks, it almost locked up!

Made it through and stopped out of the mud to clear the fender, alternate use for a tire iron. :)

I have the ALTRider high fender kit and I love it. Protects the forks with metal instead of plastic like factory and the camel adv one... (also covers the all too exposed ABS sensor with metal) it comes with new steel braided brake lines not to mention it makes it look more badass the only downside is the brake lines sometimes slap the plastic around the radiator under heavy fork compression from hard hits but not too bad also not very cheap but you get what you pay for I guess.

Keep the rubber side down
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200620
[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200620/a0ac59315212aadaa45be5a576c4553b.jpg

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Kalamity Flats, OR
aridterra.com

I love my Altrider high fender!

Wanted to avoid that exact problem.

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Wow! That looks great!

Does the high fender impact highway performance? Does it require a metal radiator guard?

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Kalamity Flats, OR
aridterra.com
Wow! That looks great!

Does the high fender impact highway performance? Does it require a metal radiator guard?

It doesn’t effect in the highway and I do a lot of that at the moment.
I always use them, cheap insurance

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
My radiator is as factory as it can be and have never had a problem in all sorts of conditions, though I did get a bunch of wet leaves stuck to it once last fall doing alittle bush whacking, not sure a guard would've helped...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Kalamity Flats, OR
aridterra.com
My radiator is as factory as it can be and have never had a problem in all sorts of conditions, though I did get a bunch of wet leaves stuck to it once last fall doing alittle bush whacking, not sure a guard would've helped...

I ride in the desert with a lot of heavy brush that can punch through the stock stuff

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Hey if ya need it ya need it, I just never really felt the need, that being said when I do the NEBDR on the 16th I'll prob pop it...

Reactions: LouisPK

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Thanks for all the info!

I think the high fender kit will fit with the Denali light mounts on my AT

Also noticed that the rocks actually grooved the front tire sightly, not enough to matter but glad I stopped and dug them out.

:)

Reactions: LouisPK

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Kalamity Flats, OR
aridterra.com
Thanks for all the info!

I think the high fender kit will fit with the Denali light mounts on my AT

Also noticed that the rocks actually grooved the front tire sightly, not enough to matter but glad I stopped and dug them out.

:)

Plus the high fenders just look really cool!
IMG_20200525_184032430.jpg

LouisPK

Aug 14, 2019
Kalamity Flats, OR
aridterra.com
Hey if ya need it ya need it, I just never really felt the need, that being said when I do the NEBDR on the 16th I'll prob pop it...

Good call, should be a fun route

OhioAT

Oct 30, 2019
Ohio
Installed the Altrider high fender kit this weekend as well as a new Givi windscreen. Both work and look great! Got the high fender kit for 1/2 price including the factory decal kit from a AT FB Forum member who had purchased but never installed and sold his bike. Picked up the windscreen for only $50 new in the box from FB Marketplace in Cleveland. A local ride forum member pointed it out and I snatched it up. Both items work well and look great. Very happy with them both! What better way to celebrate Father's Day than to go on a 200 mile dirt ride to break in the new parts. IMG_4961.jpeg

OhioAT

Oct 30, 2019
Ohio
We should be home by then but hope you all have a great time! We are hoping to get it done within the 10 or 11 days we have scheduled. That includes the out and back. We'll see what happens.

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Went out to measure tread depth on my tires and pulled this out of the rear, luckily it was in the thickest part of the tread

Fingers crossed that tire still has air pressure in the morning

Reactions: 2000DXP

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu