What did you do to your bike today??

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
I've been saving my pennies for some time and I finally decided to get rid of my bent up and scraped up crumple zone Tusk cheapo aluminum cans and pulled the trigger on some Mosko moto 35L backcountry panniers with 2 extra molle pockets, some Outback motortek X-frame pannier racks, some Klim Dakar pants and a new Sena 50R.... Now that I'm damn near broke I should be prepared for the NEBDR

Keep the rubber side down

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: belrix

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
I've been saving my pennies for some time and I finally decided to get rid of my bent up and scraped up crumple zone Tusk cheapo aluminum cans and pulled the trigger on some Mosko moto 35L backcountry panniers with 2 extra molle pockets, some Outback motortek X-frame pannier racks, some Klim Dakar pants and a new Sena 50R.... Now that I'm damn near broke I should be prepared for the NEBDR

Keep the rubber side down

Sweet! Post a review of the 50R, interested in a real-world review

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Sweet! Post a review of the 50R, interested in a real-world review

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Will do, I'll try to get some good shots of the NEBDR for everyone too!

kcmoto

May 2, 2020
ohio
Installed Honda oem center stand along with oem rear carrier and pannier racks. Not standard on CRF 1100 L. Recommend moose racing or similar spring puller and good set of snap ring pliers for center stand install. Both items built and function well.

ak864

Dec 8, 2018
USA
Today I swapped an almost worn out Shinko 805 for a Dunlop Trailmax Mission on the rear wheel. My Africa Twin tire tool, the anodized aluminum two piece tool that has the 22, and 27 mm box ends, broke when Trying to loosen the axle nut. It failed at the set screw hole. Looks like this tool is directional, should have had the set screw pointing in the direction of rotation to reduce the stress on it. I bough another on off eBay, I had used it before and like it.

Reactions: livingwellcfr

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Installed some new Outback motortek x-rack panniers, Mosko Moto back country 35L bags with 5 L auxiliary pockets and a new 44 tooth Vortek aluminum rear sprocket

Last edited:
Reactions: 2000DXP

OhioAT

Oct 30, 2019
Ohio
Yesterday I turned over 10k miles while returning from completing the NEBDR. Not too bad for a bike that was purchased only 9.5 months ago and spent over 4 months in winter storage. Loving the bike.

IMG_5557.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: belrix and 2000DXP

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Yesterday I turned over 10k miles while returning from completely the NEBDR. Not too bad for a bike that was purchased only 9.5 months ago and spent over 4 months in winter storage. Loving the bike.

View attachment 2548
We are about to start the NEBDR on Wednesday, can't wait!!!

OhioAT

Oct 30, 2019
Ohio
We are about to start the NEBDR on Wednesday, can't wait!!!

Have fun! It's considerably harder than the MABDR. Especially VT. Enjoy the ride. All of it is doable on the AT. Make sure you download the newest GPX files since there was a change to a VT section actually made right after we passed though and the Section 8 is now available. We didn't camp but had trouble getting a room one night in VT. There is lots of good camping opportunities along the way though and a stream or body of water almost everywhere to clean up in. Give me a shout if you have any questions along the way. Enjoy!

livingwellcfr

May 6, 2018
Idaho
Today I swapped an almost worn out Shinko 805 for a Dunlop Trailmax Mission on the rear wheel. My Africa Twin tire tool, the anodized aluminum two piece tool that has the 22, and 27 mm box ends, broke when Trying to loosen the axle nut. It failed at the set screw hole. Looks like this tool is directional, should have had the set screw pointing in the direction of rotation to reduce the stress on it. I bough another on off eBay, I had used it before and like it.
Let me guess, these tools came from China?

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Played hooky from work this afternoon and went for a ride along the Kansas/Missouri border, 98 degrees, sunny and dusty...but fun! :)

Putting the bike away and I noticed the return spring on my PivotPegz footpegs had broken on the left side, I have a rebuild kit to fix it...if only I could find it!

Brian

Reactions: OhioAT and 2000DXP

ak864

Dec 8, 2018
USA
Let me guess, these tools came from China?
Not sure where it was made, I had used it before with no problem. There’s really not much metal there for the kind of forces expected, when the set screw hole is on top when pushing down. Also, most tools nowadays are made in China, even Milwaukee.

Reactions: livingwellcfr

livingwellcfr

May 6, 2018
Idaho
Not sure where it was made, I had used it before with no problem. There’s really not much metal there for the kind of forces expected, when the set screw hole is on top when pushing down. Also, most tools nowadays are made in China, even Milwaukee.
I am now on an anti-made in china campaign. I was looking for a shorty clutch lever....all chinese crap, so I made my own.

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Note to self..... don't ride the NEBDR after or during rain.... things become extraordinarily slippery and when i say things i mean literally everything, what did i do to my bike today? I slammed it into a tree along with my body over the handlebars at 30-35 ish mph after sliding sideways for about 25 yrds through no fault of my own just natures way of saying THIS rut is the one you will be following no matte how hard you try to avoid it and come out of it or aim for the one next to it.....
Still going though, we should be in Woodsville NH tomorrow.

Keep the rubber side down (unlike me)

2000DXP

Nov 13, 2019
GB
Note to self..... don't ride the NEBDR after or during rain.... things become extraordinarily slippery and when i say things i mean literally everything, what did i do to my bike today? I slammed it into a tree along with my body over the handlebars at 30-35 ish mph after sliding sideways for about 25 yrds through no fault of my own just natures way of saying THIS rut is the one you will be following no matte how hard you try to avoid it and come out of it or aim for the one next to it.....
Still going though, we should be in Woodsville NH tomorrow.

Keep the rubber side down (unlike me)

Ouch, I hope your ok.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: OhioAT

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu