What did you do to your bike today??

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Ouch, I hope your ok.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Im ok, alittle sore and my fork alignment is a bit off now but Ill be pulling the front wheel off this morning in the hotel parking lot to check it out and realign the forks in the triple tree, I'm just hoping I didn't break or bend anything major, though the headlight bezel alone on this rig is $1500.....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: OhioAT

LstMnStndng

Jul 12, 2020
Naples, FL
Im ok, alittle sore and my fork alignment is a bit off now but Ill be pulling the front wheel off this morning in the hotel parking lot to check it out and realign the forks in the triple tree, I'm just hoping I didn't break or bend anything major, though the headlight bezel alone on this rig is $1500.....

Yet the turn signal survived? Glad you’re ok.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Yup, just a small scratch on the turn signal, but forks spun in the triple clamps...

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Went for a 250 mile ride in the 95+ degree heat! When putting the bike away noticed more oil sheen than usual, Darn it!

Tomorrow I will be changing oil and will pull the stator cover to b seal the alternator plug

Wish me luck!

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
That tool roll is legit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah I bring enough tools to damn near rebuild any bike I'm riding with I dont care how much it weighs or how much space it takes up in the bags cuz I personally HATE when my ride is cut short because someone else breaks something that THEY didn't bring the tools to fix...Not to mention my propensity for smashing up my own stuff on a regular basis

By the way its one of those cheapo Chinese $30 tool rolls from "Cycle Gear" that has been doctored up with some special sauce

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Rode the Barnard to Woodsville section of the NEBDR, probably the best section so far

Reactions: OhioAT

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Went for a 250 mile ride in the 95+ degree heat! When putting the bike away noticed more oil sheen than usual, Darn it!

Tomorrow I will be changing oil and will pull the stator cover to b seal the alternator plug

Wish me luck!

Still leakin out of the stater?

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Yes, time for an oil change, so going to take the plunge!

I am truly grateful for the advise and encouragement I've received here on the forum in regards to mechanical issues, thanks!

Black99S

Aug 25, 2016
BC, Canada
Note to self..... THIS rut is the one you will be following no matte how hard you try to avoid it and come out of it or aim for the one next to it.....
When you are in a rut. Ride the rut. Stand on pegs, steer & balance with feet, no weight on bars.

JohnnyBlaze

Jul 26, 2020
Nw ark
Alright... I took the 💵 hit and ordered the DYNOJET Power vision 3 direct from DynoJet. As of now it has has been installed with a 10 minute learning curve and reading the directions properly on only the 3rd time for once!!
Before starting there is a golden lining in this unit being that you can return to stock at any time with the push of a few buttons. That being said there are only 6 cookie cutter tunes as of yet on the DynoJet website but your bike setup will determine what you can use IE: Intake/exhaust setup, slip-on only, high flow intake and full exhaust system ect. ect. I have a stock intake and a slip-on Remus can so I chose the "stock intake and stock exhaust" tune and Flashed that onto the ECU in maybe 5 minutes. I could have installed the PowerCore software from the Dyno website and worked up a tune on my own but unfortunatly the PowerCore software needs a minimum of a 2.0 GHz processor and I only have a 1.8 GHz in my computer:mad: ......
Anyway, I disconnected the unit after the flash and took her for a ride.......

Herky jerky off idle-- Gone
Hot running engine--Gone
Weird throttle body pop/backfire when going from closed to open throttle-- Gone
Smooth and linear power delivery --:p
Increased power--:p(measured by butt dyno)
Pretty much anything past 1/4 throttle input past 2500 Rip-ems you better be holding on tight cuz she pulls like a scalded ape and just keeps pulling harder and harder till you hit the limiter!!!:eek:🤪🤯🥴

Worth the $$ ? Eeehhh, YES and YES but it would be better if they could dumb down the powercore software just a hair for the average guys laptop/desktop so we can make our own tunes. Though you can at any time take it to a shop with dyno and have a tune worked up for your specific bike setup and style of riding. In the software you can adjust all kind of parameters like set rev limiters, speed limits all fueling, spark timing and pretty much any other parameter you can think of.

All in all I would say this was the best purchase for the rig since the Scotts stabilizer, Its like buying a new tuned crate engine for $375!!!

Keep the rubber side down🙃
So the popping and backfire on deceleration is gone? I just want to make sure before I buy one

And why are there two of each map/tune?
What is the difference exactly?

Thanks!

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
When you are in a rut. Ride the rut. Stand on pegs, steer & balance with feet, no weight on bars.
Oh I am quite aware of this I have been riding for 30 yrs, but there are times when riding unfamiliar terrain when you are at speed and there is nothing you can do about it, peg steering or not, especially when the rut quite literally leads you into a tree at 30-35 mph...some things in life are just out of your control...

Keep the rubber side down

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
So the popping and backfire on deceleration is gone? I just want to make sure before I buy one

Thanks!
The deceleration pop and backfire from the exhaust isn't gone almost all bikes will pop a little on decel but it is GREATLY reduced due to the dynojet feeding the engine the proper amount of fuel, what is GONE is the weird pop/backfire from the airbox and throttle body when blipping the throttle from closed/idle when hot, not sure if everyone had this problem but I did and have seen a few other people with it. Its been a while since I installed it but if my memory serves me right one is a fuel economy tune and one is a power tune, and the multiple stock files are for different model years but to be sure I have an inquiry in to the dynojet website for you when they respond ill post it

Black99S

Aug 25, 2016
BC, Canada
Oh I am quite aware of this I have been riding for 30 yrs, but there are times when riding unfamiliar terrain when you are at speed and there is nothing you can do about it, peg steering or not, especially when the rut quite literally leads you into a tree at 30-35 mph...some things in life are just out of your control...

Yup. Been there. Done that.
more fun too after getting the bike upright - grinding along in mud with front and rear in different ruts

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA

Thanks!
I did some digging on their website because quite frankly I wanted to remember and found this... and it looks like its the level of tuning like I suspected and the 2 .Stk files are probably because the same tuner is used for both the 16' and 17' model yrs, but if you get the power vision you will be reading the bikes actual ECU to get it anyway so it matter unless you loose the original you could use that as backup. Also I remembered that once you read your ECU and log onto the website it will suggest the tunes compatible with your bike

JohnnyBlaze

Jul 26, 2020
Nw ark
The deceleration pop and backfire from the exhaust isn't gone almost all bikes will pop a little on decel but it is GREATLY reduced due to the dynojet feeding the engine the proper amount of fuel, what is GONE is the weird pop/backfire from the airbox and throttle body when blipping the throttle from closed/idle when hot, not sure if everyone had this problem but I did and have seen a few other people with it. Its been a while since I installed it but if my memory serves me right one is a fuel economy tune and one is a power tune, and the multiple stock files are for different model years but to be sure I have an inquiry in to the dynojet website for you when they respond ill post it

I've read that sas/air injection system is what causes most of the popping
You can cap this off but I dont want to dig that deep

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu