What did you do to your bike today??

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
FYI

The Alt-Rider high fender kit is not compatible with the Denali D4 lights mounted under the front faring on the Denali mount for the AT, found this out after having the new brake line ran and ready to mount the fender.

Bummer! :(

Need to decide if I am going to move the lights or give up on the fender.

I'm in a quandary!

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
FYI

The Alt-Rider high fender kit is not compatible with the Denali D4 lights mounted under the front faring on the Denali mount for the AT, found this out after having the new brake line ran and ready to mount the fender.

Bummer! :(

Need to decide if I am going to move the lights or give up on the fender.

I'm in a quandary!

Update

I discovered that SW-Motech makes a light mount for their crash bars, this will move the D4's down and out - should be out of the way of the high fender!

Ordered and waiting

:)

Reactions: SHUMBA

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
I believe I managed to break the front ABS sensor wire on my AT; checked the DTC code and it is throwing a 1-1 "sensor wire" error code!

Following the troubleshooting in the manual and I have to remove the fuel tank and airbox to be able to reach the connector, UGH!

Have the tank ready to pull but my feet were getting cold, will attack again tomorrow.

FYI a replacement front sensor wire is about $140 - geez for a wire and a magnet

Happy 2021!

2000DXP

Nov 13, 2019
GB
Wow, that is expensive. I just bought a replacement headlight leveling sensor for my 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX for £160 which made my eyes water. But at least it has some rods, brackets and ball joints for the actuator arm in addition to the wire and sensor. I feel less salty about my purchase now.

Dave

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Wow, that is expensive. I just bought a replacement headlight leveling sensor for my 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX for £160 which made my eyes water. But at least it has some rods, brackets and ball joints for the actuator arm in addition to the wire and sensor. I feel less salty about my purchase now.

Dave

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Yes, it is pricy for a magnet and some wire! But it most likely needs to pass strict QC guidelines and be certified since it is part of the ABS system, like certified aircraft parts.

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
The front wheel speed sensor has been removed!!!

P1030359.JPG

Had to remove a few pieces and parts

P1030358.JPG

To be able to reach the connector (in the middle with the white dot)

P1030348.JPG

It has been an adventure!!!

Will order the replacement Tuesday from my local Honda dealer.

Reactions: 2000DXP

DuncanMcG

Jul 19, 2020
Texas
Installed a new tall touring windscreen. 1000 mile ride in 20 hours convinced me that it was needed.

Attachments

• new scrren.jpg
    new scrren.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: SHUMBA

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Update

I discovered that SW-Motech makes a light mount for their crash bars, this will move the D4's down and out - should be out of the way of the high fender!

Ordered and waiting

:)
Let me know when it arrives.
I had SW Motech light bount brackets on my 2016 Africa Twin mounted on the SW Motech crash bars.
Worked great!
P/N if you have it handy.
SHUMBA

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Let me know when it arrives.
I had SW Motech light bount brackets on my 2016 Africa Twin mounted on the SW Motech crash bars.
Worked great!
P/N if you have it handy.
SHUMBA

My new Africa Twin is a 2020 DCT non adventure
SHUMBA

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
I spend most of my time at highway speeds so....
I suppose I spend a lot of my riding time on county roads and some expressways.
Our speed limits at the present time are very loosely and randomly enforced. County roads, 80 kph (50 mph) = 105-110 kph. Expressways 100 kph 62 mph) = 130 or higher kph.
So, that's why I need a taller windscreen and and when this crappy weather here in Southern Ontario Canada improves (March) I'll let you know how the Givi tall windscreen performs.
SHUMBA

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Finally got some pics.
I like your luggage boxes. I used something very similar on my Super Tenere.
SHUMBA

Reactions: motorat

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu