What did you do to your bike today??

ak864

Dec 8, 2018
USA
Lost it in a curve in loose dirt/sand, bent the bolts holding the right side passenger foot peg bracket. I’d been meaning to remove the passenger foot peg brackets anyway so off they came as soon as I got home.

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Hmmmm...hope you survived...
Too fast on gravel?? Centrifugal force got the better of you.
Bent pegs or whatever, no big deal, hopefully you fared well.
SHUMBA

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

ak864

Dec 8, 2018
USA
Hmmmm...hope you survived...
Too fast on gravel?? Centrifugal force got the better of you.
Bent pegs or whatever, no big deal, hopefully you fared well.
SHUMBA

A little too fast in a loose sandy turn—didn’t have the outside peg weighed so when I tried to power out of the slide, the back end went out from under me. No injuries other than pride.

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Thanks. I do gear up always. I don’t bounce like I used to.
Pleased to hear that....so many riders ride without any protection whatsoever.
Unbelievable! Particularly in the summer, when all those novices take to the streets on those hot summer days. I'm in Ontario, Canada, and by regulation the only item required is a DOT helmet.
Good gear is an inexpensive form of insurance. Doesn't have to be the latest Klim gear, as there's plenty of lesser expensive options.
JMHO
SHUMBA

Reactions: Sled_C

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Unbelievable! Particularly in the summer, when all those novices take to the streets on those hot summer days. I'm in Ontario, Canada, and by regulation the only item required is a DOT helmet.
Good gear is an inexpensive form of insurance. Doesn't have to be the latest Klim gear, as there's plenty of lesser expensive options.
JMHO
SHUMBA

And at age 70, I definitely do not bounce like I used to.
SHUMBA

Reactions: ak864 and BobSill

motorat

Nov 10, 2019
SW Wa
JMHO
SHUMBA

Same in Washington...especially with the cruiser crowd. In Washington all you need is a DOT helmet and eye protection.
scary. When I was in my 20"s I went into a right hander too fast and lost the front end, wearing the protective gear of the early 80's, safety t-shirt, shorts and high top Chuck Taylors. I pulled gravel out of my elbow and knee for the next month.

Reactions: SHUMBA

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Ugh, sorry to hear that...gear is like insurance...good to have, in case you need it, and hopefully you never use it.
On that note, about two years ago I helped two new riders who had beginners licenses and were all keen to get into riding.
I stressed upon them to get protective riding gear...well, the first gal, had a minor fall in a traffic circle and banged her knee, only then did she get a pair of riding pants. The other gal, then bought armored riding pants, and I gave her an armored riding jacket.
Two years later, sadly she had a crash and other than a sprained wrist and a bruised ankle was relatively ok.
So, I rest my case...just wear your riding gear, every time and all of the time, cause ya never know.
SHUMBA

Reactions: ak864

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Finally got some pics.
Yo da man, yo side cases and tail box es just like mine. Ohweee...at least there are two great minds on this planet!!!
I'm gonna put these same waterproof sturdy plastic panniers and tail box on my new 2020 Africa Twin DCT non adventure model.
In addition, I have an SW Motech tail plate and a Honda OEM center stand to install...any tips from other Africa Twin owners, appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
SHUMBA

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Same in Washington...especially with the cruiser crowd. In Washington all you need is a DOT helmet and eye protection.
scary. When I was in my 20"s I went into a right hander too fast and lost the front end, wearing the protective gear of the early 80's, safety t-shirt, shorts and high top Chuck Taylors. I pulled gravel out of my elbow and knee for the next month.
Ouch!!!!!

2000DXP

Nov 13, 2019
GB
Hello, I hope you are well.

I have a 2018 AT and fitted the Honda OEM centre stand to it. I didn't have a spring puller and the two springs are quite hard to pull back and attach. So I used s heavy duty strap and hook wrapped around the back wheel to pull the springs back. If the 2020 AT is similar setup and you haven't got a tool, this is a good technique that works easily. Check YouTube for demonstration videos if your not sure what I mean.

My part came with no instructions.

Regards

Dave

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: SHUMBA

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu