What did you do to your bike today??

2000DXP

Nov 13, 2019
GB
If there was a love button, i would have pressed it.

Regards

Dave

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2000DXP

Nov 13, 2019
GB
Today, after going to the coast for fish and chips, washed Toto.

Regards

Dave

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sled_C and belrix

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
My baby was delivered today! Had to spend the last month alone, in the back of several trucks, strapped to s pallet.

In all seriousness the shopping process was very smooth and affordable, and it was probably best I didn't have it at home because I would have wanted to ride!

Happy!

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
My baby was delivered today! Had to spend the last month alone, in the back of several trucks, strapped to s pallet.

In all seriousness the shopping process was very smooth and affordable, and it was probably best I didn't have it at home because I would have wanted to ride!

Happy!

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
Probably best that you had some time apart, if too soon you may have just kicked her when reunited.

Reactions: belrix

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Today I had an oil change along with both filters (DCT MODEL)
AND Two new tyres installed!
I got lucky and found a set of new never used Avon Trail Riders A53 and A54 tyres...for a great price.
These tyres are off a KTM 790 and are tubless, unfortunately my 2020 AT DCT model has tube type rims .
Oh well, can't have everything.
SHUMBA

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Yesterday actually. I rode 600 miles in the Texas heat with my son on the 2nd Saturday that he has owned his bike. Riding with my kid elevates the joy that I get out of riding exponentially.
Cool nice pic..
It was 32C up here in Ontario Canada today...humid as well...I love the heat, and hate the cold and snow!
SHUMBA

OhioAT

Oct 30, 2019
Ohio
This week I installed McCruise, Hyperlites and Denali D4 lights with the rugged roads wiring kit. Lots of work / hours in the garage but worth it. Have spent a lot of money on this bike but love it. Oh, also took the cruise on it's first ride this weekend and put another 700 miles on everything. Flipped 20k miles on Sunday just before it's 2 year anniversary. Loving the bike!

Attachments

• IMG_2645 2.JPG
    IMG_2645 2.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2643.JPG
    IMG_2643.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2642.JPG
    IMG_2642.JPG
    396.2 KB · Views: 19

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
This week I installed McCruise, Hyperlites and Denali D4 lights with the rugged roads wiring kit. Lots of work / hours in the garage but worth it. Have spent a lot of money on this bike but love it. Oh, also took the cruise on it's first ride this weekend and put another 700 miles on everything. Flipped 20k miles on Sunday just before it's 2 year anniversary. Loving the bike!
Nice...
SHUMBA

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
What seat are you rockin? Looks comfy...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: OhioAT

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
My ass is a Killin me.
I've got a 2020 Africa Twin DCT non adventure model.
OEM seats are "bare bones" or that's what my butt says.
Presently using a gel seat from my bicycle...it provides some relief.
The beauty of the Africa Twin is one can stand up on the foot pegs and ride.
I do deep knee squats in quiet areas, good for the blood flow ya know...
SHUMBA

Reactions: 2000DXP

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
I was cleaning my sad and neglected '17 AT today and noticed the front sprocket was hooked pretty badly!

Ordered a new chain and sprocket set, finger crossed that it will arrive before the 18th of September! (The arbitrary day I have picked to start riding again)

KIMG0715.JPG

Reactions: Sled_C and 2000DXP

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
I was cleaning my sad and neglected '17 AT today and noticed the front sprocket was hooked pretty badly!

Ordered a new chain and sprocket set, finger crossed that it will arrive before the 18th of September! (The arbitrary day I have picked to start riding again)

View attachment 2818
Ahhh yah still got a good 200,000 miles on that thing!!!

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
I've got a 2020 Africa Twin DCT model non adventure.
At 11,000 kms or about 7,000 miles, I have noticed the "O" rings separating from the chain.
I used diesel fuel to clean the chain and lube with a chain max aerosol chain lube.
I now wipe the chain and spray WD-40 on it , wipe clean then spray with chain lube.
I now have 21,000 kms on the bike.
I do ride on lotsa gravel roads though.
I have rode the bike in the rain as well.
Anyone else observing this on their chain?
My 2016 Africa Twin clutch model endured 30,000 kms and the chain was like new.
I clean and lube after every ride.
SHUMBA

Reactions: BobSill

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Ha, you washed Toto...huh??
Toto is a Japanese toilet brand, so, maybe Toto washed your, er your bum...
If you need to go in Japan, just ask for Toto...
The Japanese are very hygienic, unlike us savages in the western world.
They don’t have an abundance of trees from which to make toilet paper, so they have water based " bumwashers" both installed as a toilet seat and battery powered portable types.
SHUMBA

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu