What did you do to your bike today??

Graves

Staff member
Legendary Rider
Aug 14, 2016
So. Cal.
Ha, you washed Toto...huh??
Toto is a Japanese toilet brand, so, maybe Toto washed your, er your bum...
If you need to go in Japan, just ask for Toto...
The Japanese are very hygienic, unlike us savages in the western world.
They don’t have an abundance of trees from which to make toilet paper, so they have water based " bumwashers" both installed as a toilet seat and battery powered portable types.
SHUMBA

Sent from my SM-A715W using Tapatalk
Ok, that just weird. And your post has what to do with Africa Twins?

Reactions: SHUMBA

OhioAT

Oct 30, 2019
Ohio
What seat are you rockin? Looks comfy...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
That's a Corbin. I tried a few others on it because I wasn't sure of the look and then just "gave up" and bought this. Had one on my Vstrom and loved it. Same with this bike. It's amazing!

Attachments

• IMG_2838.JPG
    IMG_2838.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: Sled_C and SHUMBA

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
That's a Corbin. I tried a few others on it because I wasn't sure of the look and then just "gave up" and bought this. Had one on my Vstrom and loved it. Same with this bike. It's amazing!
Did it raise the seat height?
If so, by how much.
I have an OEM seat set the the lower setting.
My bike is a 2020 DCT model non adventure.
Thnx.
SHUMBA

Reactions: OhioAT

RItwin

Gold Rider
Jul 31, 2018
R.I. USA
Might have to pick one up, the stocker definitely leaves some foam to be desired....

Keep the rubber side down

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: OhioAT

OhioAT

Oct 30, 2019
Ohio
Did it raise the seat height?
If so, by how much.
I have an OEM seat set the the lower setting.
My bike is a 2020 DCT model non adventure.
Thnx.
SHUMBA

They make both a low and a standard height seat. I think their seat heigh measurements seem to be accurate. I've sat on a low and it was comfortable. I've never actually seen the standard height. The seat on my bike was built a 1/2 inch higher than their standard. I really liked the height of the standard Honda rally seat and the Seat Concepts rally seat that I have but neither one of them is comfortable for more than a couple of hours. The way they build this seat it is the same height as the stock rally seat at the front. There is ton's of room to move around. I can easily sit right up agains the tank of way back against the "bucket". The seat is leather in the front and they let me use gripper on the pillion. My wife loves it because she doesn't slide around. I love the leather up front because you can move around easily but it's not "slippery". Great seat. I've very happy with it. I'm about 6'1" so didn't need the low. There are times when I've dropped it because it's just too tall to catch but the handling and control in technical situations is better like this and it gives my knees a little more relief during long hauls. I put 2k miles on it in the last 10 days (7 days of riding) and have no problems riding it all day. Can't say the same for my stock seat or the Seat Concepts. I found their "comfort seat" to be too low, shaped and hard and their rally seat to be too soft after a few hours. Should have asked for their firmer foam. I wouldn't trade anything for the Corbin though. I had one on my last bike (vstrom) that was almost identical in design and it was comfortable and held up very well for the 65k miles I had it. Oh, and get the heated option. This one is heated and when it gets chilly it's awesome!

Reactions: Sled_C

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Thanks so much for your detailed description of the Corbin seat
I guess one gets what one pays for.
Trouble is, I tend not to keep a bike for more than two years.
After two riding seasons, Ontario Canada, I usually have 45,000 kms +/ 28,000 miles so I can trade it for a new bike with a warranty.
Needless to say a bike loses its value rather drastically after 50,000 kms...depending on the bike.
So, I'm a little reluctant to invest in a corbin seat and get zero value when I sell the bike.
As mentioned earlier, my bike is a 2020 Africa Twin DCT non adventure model...the seat is narrow and I am able to "flat foot" but only just with a 30 1/2 inseam, I'm 5 ' 8", and I'm older now (71).
Presently I am using a gel bicycle seat attached to my Africa Twin seat with a single bungee cord.
When I am riding no one can see the gel seat. I tried the gel seat in the obvious way, but it provides more comfort mounted backwards.
Additionally, I created my own highway pegs using a piece (30 inches) of 20 mm or 3/4 inch tube attached to the SW Motech crash bars using two stainless steel U-Clamps.
For trips, I solved my luggage problem by in investing in a quality $40. back pack...everything I I need for an overnight is packed into the backpack.
Additionally I have a waterproof tail pack along with an another soft tail pack and just use the shower cap.
Call me cheap, but this works for me.
SHUMBA

OhioAT

Oct 30, 2019
Ohio
Thanks so much for your detailed description of the Corbin seat
I guess one gets what one pays for.
Trouble is, I tend not to keep a bike for more than two years.
After two riding seasons, Ontario Canada, I usually have 45,000 kms +/ 28,000 miles so I can trade it for a new bike with a warranty.
Needless to say a bike loses its value rather drastically after 50,000 kms...depending on the bike.
So, I'm a little reluctant to invest in a corbin seat and get zero value when I sell the bike.
As mentioned earlier, my bike is a 2020 Africa Twin DCT non adventure model...the seat is narrow and I am able to "flat foot" but only just with a 30 1/2 inseam, I'm 5 ' 8", and I'm older now (71).
Presently I am using a gel bicycle seat attached to my Africa Twin seat with a single bungee cord.
When I am riding no one can see the gel seat. I tried the gel seat in the obvious way, but it provides more comfort mounted backwards.
Additionally, I created my own highway pegs using a piece (30 inches) of 20 mm or 3/4 inch tube attached to the SW Motech crash bars using two stainless steel U-Clamps.
For trips, I solved my luggage problem by in investing in a quality $40. back pack...everything I I need for an overnight is packed into the backpack.
Additionally I have a waterproof tail pack along with an another soft tail pack and just use the shower cap.
Call me cheap, but this works for me.
SHUMBA

The good thing about the Corbin is that they make the ENTIRE seat. You keep your stock seat and seat pan. I've found that although a dealer will give you virtually nothing for it on trade in that a well maintained seat will gather 50% or more of it's value when posted for sale when you're through with it. It a bike really enjoyable if you hate the stock seat?

Reactions: Sled_C and SHUMBA

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Ordered a JT Sprocket 15T dampened front sprocket today, will try the lower gearing and if I like while waiting on Ognibene sprockets to be back in-stock

BobSill

Aug 4, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Replaced my Motoz GPS front tire after 17,500 km with a new one not to bad for 50/50 tire.
The K60 on the rear still has 6 mm of tread should easily get to the end of the year. Tires seem to be a little difficult to get here at the present time.
New Motoz's GPS for the rear of the bike for next spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
I put my AT back together with a 15T front sprocket tonight! I might sneak a ride tomorrow in my new boots! Honestly them are more comfortable to walk in than they walking boot, plus it has been 45 days since my ankle bones were plated and screwed back together, plenty of time. ;)

Forma Terra EVO X are pretty sweet!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2000DXP and Sled_C

318Photo

Jan 16, 2018
Lenoir North Carolina
2018 Honda Africa Twin Adventure sports 43,000 miles
1) Lets see I changed chain and sprockets went back all stock this is the 2nd time me doing it so this makes the 3rd set counting first set that came on bike HAHA
2) Changed rear wheel bearings and seals
3) Changed Air Filters
4) Changed oil and filters
Done all the work myself :) IMG_4561.jpeg

Sled_C

Sep 9, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
2018 Honda Africa Twin Adventure sports 43,000 miles
1) Lets see I changed chain and sprockets went back all stock this is the 2nd time me doing it so this makes the 3rd set counting first set that came on bike HAHA
2) Changed rear wheel bearings and seals
3) Changed Air Filters
4) Changed oil and filters
Done all the work myself :)
Its nice that you can service your bike yourself. Its pretty easy stuff and lets you get personal with your machine.
No one is going to look after your bike like you.
I usually do it myself but Ive been playing by the book, while under warranty which runs out in 6 months.
At 60+ years old Ive seen and had a lot of f### ups from service techs.
So I always go over the bike every time someone touches it.

Reactions: SHUMBA and BobSill

SHUMBA

Oct 5, 2017
ONTARIO, CANADA
Its nice that you can service your bike yourself. Its pretty easy stuff and lets you get personal with your machine.
No one is going to look after your bike like you.
I usually do it myself but Ive been playing by the book, while under warranty which runs out in 6 months.
At 60+ years old Ive seen and had a lot of f### ups from service techs.
So I always go over the bike every time someone touches it.
That's a jolly good idea.
Mechanics are only humans and anyone can make a mistake.
So, today I removed the front plastic sprocket cover from my 2020 Africa Twin DCT non adventure model.
I had observed several "O" rings on the floor beneath the bike, and "O" rings buldging out of the chain.
Upon removal of the cover, there was a ton of sticky grease like gunge attached to the inside of the cover.
As I cleaned up the grease I observed at least 15-20 "O" rings embeded in the muck.
I first noticed the "O"rings at around 10,000 km (6,000 miles).
Honda says "just a wear item"
Boo-boo!!!
My previous Africa Twin 2016 clutch model served me for 30,000 kms without any chain issues.
My guess is, Honda changed chain suppliers for something cheaper.
I clean an lube the chain after each ride.
Yes, I ride gravel, and I ride sometimes in the rain. I use a good chain spray lube.
Any one out there had a similar problem??
SHUMBA

Reactions: Sled_C

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu