What did you do to your bike today??

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Went to ride this morning and had a flat on the rear. Put the AT up on the center stand and found the cause. It looks like a paper staple but isn't, very though and stiff, feels like spring steel.

Time to patch the tube!KIMG0403.JPG

Sled_C

Sep 9, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
Went to ride this morning and had a flat on the rear. Put the AT up on the center stand and found the cause. It looks like a paper staple but isn't, very though and stiff, feels like spring steel.

Time to patch the tube!View attachment 2933
wow i had the same looking spike a couple of months ago. Disappointed with my oem A41's. I am wondering, Is this a weak point for all radials?
Dont remember the last time i got a flat with a bias-ply

Last edited:

OhioAT

Oct 30, 2019
Ohio
Call me crazy but... Installed my new Akrapovic slip on (have the headers too but no time) this Friday evening in preparation for a ride Saturday. Took it for a quick 10 or 15 mile spin on highway and back roads. Sounds awesome but man is it loud. I'm sure I'll catch some slack for this. Not sure I can deal with it long term. Always wanted an Akrapovic exhaust but... Went home and put the stocker right back on. Rode 605 miles Saturday and enjoyed it as it comes. Maybe I'm too old, maybe I don't want to be "that guy" who all the neighbors hate. I've had a full system for a couple of months and finally thought I'd take the plunge. Oh well.

Attachments

• IMG_5647.JPG
    IMG_5647.JPG
    411.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5648.JPG
    IMG_5648.JPG
    486 KB · Views: 11

belrix

Nov 2, 2015
SouthEast Kansas
Call me crazy but... Installed my new Akrapovic slip on (have the headers too but no time) this Friday evening in preparation for a ride Saturday. Took it for a quick 10 or 15 mile spin on highway and back roads. Sounds awesome but man is it loud. I'm sure I'll catch some slack for this. Not sure I can deal with it long term. Always wanted an Akrapovic exhaust but... Went home and put the stocker right back on. Rode 605 miles Saturday and enjoyed it as it comes. Maybe I'm too old, maybe I don't want to be "that guy" who all the neighbors hate. I've had a full system for a couple of months and finally thought I'd take the plunge. Oh well.
I thought my Yoshimura pipe was too loud when I first installed it, but then I realized that almost every other motorcycle in my area is a straight piped Harley, so my pipe is still quiet by comparison.

Reactions: OhioAT

2000DXP

Nov 13, 2019
GB
I installed some new adjustable brake and clutch levers. I love the quality and colour.

Regards

Dave

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: OhioAT

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu