Whats your news?

Posiden

May 25, 2015
The English Lake District
So moving on from the "is this news?" Thread ive started this one.
The intention is to let us know if youve ordered one, colour, spec, extras youve ordered, price etc and where your at.
Once the bikes start being delivered im sure we will be awash with road tests, initial impressions etc.
Until we get the bikes at least we can compare whats popular and whats not. Who knows maybe someone from Honda is watching.....?

Posiden

May 25, 2015
Aaahhh thread posted ok. Many thanks admin.
So as per the title I will start.

Ive ordered a spencer rep white model with gold wheels. Its the ABS model as we cant have non ABS in the UK.

Extras- i will be looking for a lightweight exhaust can or full system, crash protection bars, led driving lights, RAM system to fix the GPS. Heated grips would be a good factory option.
Dont want luggage as i use Kreiga stuff.
Depending when we get the bike i will be applying a liberal coating of ACF50 to the bike and if the bike comes with tyre options i will probably look for a 50/50 tyre to get me through the winter, probably swapping for a road bias tyre in the spring.

Reactions: Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
I have placed a deposit with my local dealer and am waiting to hear back more ordering details from the dealer.

JMarleau

May 16, 2015
Riverview NB, Canada
I walked into my local Honda dealer with my wallet open. I was intending to put money down on the AT, with the note written on the receipt stating "Buyer to decide on DCT model after testing".

The dealer stated "We have never heard of the Africa Twin." " No, I have not had a chance to look at the website."

JMarleau = Empty Handed

Reactions: badbull

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
Dealers are often the very last to know..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iSlanderEST

Aug 24, 2015
Estonia
If you preorder the bike, you will get a book and RNS Tripmaster xl 2, atleast here in Estonia :p I was told this by dealer last month and it was confirmed by Honda last week. I preordered mine in August, I will get no. 1 in Baltics :p

JMarleau

May 16, 2015
Riverview NB, Canada
If you preorder the bike, you will get a book and RNS Tripmaster xl 2, atleast here in Estonia :p I was told this by dealer last month and it was confirmed by Honda last week. I preordered mine in August, I will get no. 1 in Baltics :p
That is a good sign. This means Honda believes the CRF1000L will be raced.

Posiden

May 25, 2015
What is the book and what is an RNS tripmaster xl2

I placed my order in late july and other than an email from honda ive had nothing.
Still havent got a confirmed price or delivery date.

Last edited:

iSlanderEST

Aug 24, 2015
Estonia
I'm not sure about the book, because on the website its written that its a limited edition and hard case book. Dealer told me that the book is written by Dakar winner.

JMarleau

May 16, 2015
Riverview NB, Canada
I walked into my local Honda dealer with my wallet open. I was intending to put money down on the AT, with the note written on the receipt stating "Buyer to decide on DCT model after testing".

The dealer stated "We have never heard of the Africa Twin." " No, I have not had a chance to look at the website."

JMarleau = Empty Handed
Just an update.

Just stopped into that same dealer yesterday when I just happened to be in the area while at work. That same sales guy stated that he called Honda Canada after my first visit and left a message, and he is still waiting for a reply. He said he has no other info. He still has not heard of the Africa Twin. He again mentioned that he is yet to check out the Honda Canada Website.

JMarleau = Still Empty Handed

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
We would be glad to school him.

Spoke with the guys over at Hepco & Becker in Germany. Looks like they'll be making anything and everything in terms of accessories. This includes, but not limited to:
  • Engine Guard
  • Tank Guard
  • Skid Plate
  • Centerstand
  • Headlight Grille
  • Handlebar Guard
  • Side Carriers for hard and soft luggage
  • Rear Racks for hard and soft luggage
  • Tank Ring for tank bags

Reactions: Fujiyama and Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
Spoke with the guys over at Hepco & Becker in Germany. Looks like they'll be making anything and everything in terms of accessories. This includes, but not limited to:
  • Engine Guard
  • Tank Guard
  • Skid Plate
  • Centerstand
  • Headlight Grille
  • Handlebar Guard
  • Side Carriers for hard and soft luggage
  • Rear Racks for hard and soft luggage
  • Tank Ring for tank bags
I look forward to what you guys have to offer for the Africa Twin!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
May 13, 2015
Sign me up too!'

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu