Whats your news?

gaz4292

Feb 10, 2016
Newton-le-Willows
Hi,
What top boxes will go onto that rack ?
Will a Givi Trekker go on or would it need to be a specific rack from Givi ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washryc

Jan 27, 2016
Dresden
My GPS bracket. Its for a TomTom 400.
Ive modified the bracket by chopping off both of the balls and by drilling through and tapping to M5 and screwing both bits together. Means you dont need the balls and connector arm and saves about 75 mm of armature that i didnt need.
And how are you powering the GPS at the moment? Where you able to tape into a switched line somewhere?

Posiden

May 25, 2015
The English Lake District
Q1. I had a look at the Givi Trekker but I don't know how it would attach to the Toura tech rack unless you drill your own holes in the top box and screw it to the rack. Have a look on the Givi website?

Q2. I'm powering the GPS via the installed accessory socket.
The GPS cable will be fitted with a 90 degree cigarette lighter type plug from ' nippy normans' for £6.00.
This is only a temporary fix as I do want to hard wire it into a switchable supply but as discussed i cant get the bloody fairing off! There is definately a supply in the loom behind the left hand fairing as the accesory socket plugs straight into it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Juha

Jan 3, 2016
Finland
What top boxes will go onto that rack ?
SW-Motechs maybe, if TT-rack has enough material for these mounting points. Of course you need to drill some hole in it. They havealso SW-M steel rack for AT.
Just wondering, why SW-M don't do aluminium racks with mounting points, so you don't need to use separate adapter plates?

EDIT: Link fixed

Last edited:

CJG61

Jan 21, 2016
GB
SW-Motechs maybe, if TT-rack has enough material for these mounting points. Of course you need to drill some hole in it. They havealso SW-M steel rack for AT.
Just wondering, why SW-M don't do aluminium racks with mounting points, so you don't need to use separate adapter plates?

EDIT: Link fixed
Givi do this version similar to SW Motech for crosstourer to go with monokey boxes, I got one and it fits AT.

uploadfromtaptalk1456079082751.png

CJG61

Jan 21, 2016
GB
I've also gone with givi tanklock system as I have a couple of bags I use on my VFR12. Adapter BF20 fits AT.

uploadfromtaptalk1456079811374.jpg

Washryc

Jan 27, 2016
Dresden
That's 2200eu cheaper than mine bought in Germany for 13200eu which includes a 6.5% discount.

Posiden

May 25, 2015
Dont get me started on prices, when i paid my deposit in july i was told the DCT version was coming into the uk at around £9000, this rapidly changed to £9500 and i was then told it would be under £10000.
At the NEC launch the Honda rep was 'proud' to declare the price at £10500!
I noted that MCN never mentioned the previously declared prices that they had been printing after the launch ( dont want to upset big brand advertising revenue now do we.)

Rip off britian / EU once again.

Posiden

May 25, 2015
Washryc did you ever get a reply back on the advrider forum about the fairing removal?

"Just a quick question to owners - how hard is it to take the front fairing off to gain access the USB socket cable and look around for switched wire to splice into to hook up power for a GPS?
I'm reading on another forum that it's hard. But I've read here and have seen a few photos of the nuts and bolts that need to be undone to take the fairing off... And it seems like a easy enough job?
Anyone had problems taking the fairing off?"

Washryc

Jan 27, 2016
Dresden
I wouldn't call it rip off, once I found out what Denmark riders are paying for their AT.

No... No reply... I read on the same forum someone had undone the fairing said it was easy...
That forum is like a million pages long, I can't go through it again...

CJG61

Jan 21, 2016
GB
Dont get me started on prices, when i paid my deposit in july i was told the DCT version was coming into the uk at around £9000, this rapidly changed to £9500 and i was then told it would be under £10000.
At the NEC launch the Honda rep was 'proud' to declare the price at £10500!
I noted that MCN never mentioned the previously declared prices that they had been printing after the launch ( dont want to upset big brand advertising revenue now do we.)

Rip off britian / EU once again.
Not sure who was declaring those prices? It was always gonna be pitched between crossrunner and crosstourer. Estimated price to me was always £10,500.

DavyF

Dec 19, 2015
Northern Ireland
Not sure who was declaring those prices? It was always gonna be pitched between crossrunner and crosstourer. Estimated price to me was always £10,500.
Unfortuantely, we did get a raw deal in the UK. You have to take into account that the Crossrunner is sold in the UK at an inflated price because of the 'extras' it comes with (GPS/topbox/Akrapovic/centrestand). It's only in the UK this bike comes like that and that is because of how poorly the first Crossrunner sold. Honda UK couldn't afford to have another lame duck on its books, hence the upgrade, but sold at an inflated price to cover those 'free' extras. If the Crossrunner was sold nearer its actual (as in lower like other EU countries) price, the AT could have been sold at a lower price point and very probably a grand less than it is.

Posiden

May 25, 2015
Anyway moving on from getting upset about european pricing variations, only 8 more sleeps to go and im out on the road here in sunny old blighty.
Hope the weathers going to be kind but really not fussed, im going out on it no matter what.
If anyones in the lakes on the 1st March i will be out and about and hopefully having a good time.
Photos to follow.

Reactions: CJG61

CJG61

Jan 21, 2016
GB
Anyway moving on from getting upset about european pricing variations, only 8 more sleeps to go and im out on the road here in sunny old blighty.
Hope the weathers going to be kind but really not fussed, im going out on it no matter what.
If anyones in the lakes on the 1st March i will be out and about and hopefully having a good time.
Photos to follow.
Ride safe and enjoy, you're gonna love it.

Reactions: gaz4292

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu