Whats your news?

JMarleau

May 16, 2015
Riverview NB, Canada
Well you might remember me from one of the first few post on this thread.

What is my news?

I just managed to put a down payment on a Standard Black ABS here in Canada. $13,999.00

FYI - Honda Canada is releasing only a few bikes this year because of the demand. He brought his list up on the computer and Honda is only shipping them 2 Manual Reds and 1 Silver DCT in May 2016. (The dealer owner is getting the Silver DCT) Then in June 2016, 2 Manual Blacks, 1 Manual Red and 1 Silver DCT. All will have ABS. This is ALL this dealer will see this year. They are only getting 7 bikes for the year 2016. He tells me if another dealer sells all the bikes quickly, Honda may request a return of a bike or two if no down payment is taken. So they will NOT be on the showroom floor this year in Canada.

MINE IS CONFIRMED. I ordered one of the Black ones in June... I am waiting a month for the best color.

Washryc

Jan 27, 2016
Dresden
You sure he's not pulling your leg...? Never heard a dealer or a country would see such limited stock...
I know that my local dealer is a small one, and they are seeing extreme delays in delivery because they are so small. Therefore I went to the biggest dealer in my county and got a test ride, great deal and at least 2 months faster delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMarleau

May 16, 2015
Riverview NB, Canada
Well there are 8 dealers just in the small province of New Brunswick. That is about 40 - 50 bikes for NB alone.

You could be right. Mine is on the way, that's all that counts.

Washryc

Jan 27, 2016
Dresden
Exhaust size comparison
Wow. That's crazy. Must be saving half the original weight?
Does Remus recommend a different tune? Or is it plug and play?
I'm looking at the new Arrow bits. Very good looking indeed. But still can't find if they are TÜV read for the German roads..

Posiden

May 25, 2015
The English Lake District
Think the Remus is over 2 kg light than the original ( the original isn't as heavy as it looks as there's nothing in it other than chambers for the sound to bounce around.)
I've never liked the size of the original exhaust as it looks huge compared to the Remus.
It's plug and play and road legal with the insert fitted.
Without the insert its eeerrrrr............ Acceptable at tick over.....

Posiden

May 25, 2015
I was out on the bike on tuesday 1st of march in very poor conditions ( rain, sleet, the longest diesel spill ive ever seen which lasted for over 5 miles and 3 inches of mud on the road.)
Have to say that the bike was brilliant considering i was on brand new tyres and brakes. It was however filthy when i got home.
Ive tried to post a video of the Remus exhaust but it wont load. The sound without the insert fitted is lovely and fits inbetween the sound produced by a big Vee twin and the sound a cross plane R 1 makes.
My friend text later to say the bikes sound" bloody lovely"!
I will try again with the video but have to say im delighted with the bike.

Reactions: Washryc

Posiden

May 25, 2015
SLACK CHAIN.
Ive done another 50 miles today on the bike and have noticed the chain has gone quite slack. I appreciate that a new chain will stretch and bed in a bit from new.I
It is a well know fault with the XT660Z that they had cheap chains fitted which were poor quality and didn't last very long.
Going to have a look at it now.

Forgot to add, from a full tank I've managed 165 miles????

Last edited:

Washryc

Jan 27, 2016
Dresden
Just checking here, as there seems to be more European riders.

Is center stand standard in the DCT and ABS models?
I'm getting information from advrider forum that center stand is only an option on the "base" none abs model, and itncomes with the ABS manual or the DCT model...

Am I getting ripped off? By paying for th center stand in Germany?

kristofh

Feb 8, 2016
Belgium
Its not standard..i ordered mine @ Hepco..still waiting

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

Washryc

Jan 27, 2016
Dresden
Its not standard..i ordered mine @ Hepco..still waiting

What model do you have?
I'm waiting for HEPCO to finally have the DCT crash bars... Beginning of April they quoted me.

kristofh

Feb 8, 2016
Belgium
What model do you have?
I'm waiting for HEPCO to finally have the DCT crash bars... Beginning of April they quoted me.

Black, abs, tc, manual..

Washryc

Jan 27, 2016
Dresden
Finally picked up my red DCT.
Man... Only did 150km on it riding it back from the dealer, but having DCT makes a huge diff all around.
Such a pleasure to ride in open roads, and even better in traffic when it's after work hours.
Can't wait to give it more time, the gear box def needs to be learnt, but I can't see the KMs flying by on this beast.

Reactions: Posiden

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu