• Happy 4th of July to those who are observing! Be safe and healthy, friends.

Whats your news?

Washryc

Jan 27, 2016
Dresden
Yeah finally after just over 2 weeks awaiting!
I feel sorry for the American side riders who ordered! Can't imagine waiting so long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posiden

May 25, 2015
The English Lake District
Has any UK owners been contacted by Honda with a survey about how the "purchasing experience' was?

I filled mine in on line but let's just say the ' experience' didn't feel like anything special.

I've not heard from the dealer since delivery of the bike and have had no mention of the 'trip master' or the 'dakar' book.
Hope it's ready for collection when I go for the first service.

Washryc

Jan 27, 2016
Dresden
Just spent the last 3 hours installing the USB charger socket. Good bit of kit from factory i must say.
But What an absolute pain in the back side. So much fiddling, thank god the pictorial instruction was easy enough to understand for me to not being able to read any of the instruction which was in German.
Made a massive mistake near the end of reassembly of fairing... losing the rubber nut which tightens the wind screen, damn nut went straight back and down towards the INSIDE of the fairing... Which meant I had to take it all off and put it all back on again, which meant double the time. Would have been a 1.5 hour job otherwise.
Managed to cramp in the Zumo battery connector and Optimate cable to the battery as well, but damn that batter space is tight. I'm hardly able to reinstall the tool box back on because of the extra cables now stuck behind the tool box.

Posiden

May 25, 2015
Did you manage to get the fairing off OK? I've tried a few times and gave up, scared I was going break off a tab as it didn't seem like I had all the screws out?
I still need to splice in my Tom Tom to the switched 12volt supply.

Washryc

Jan 27, 2016
Dresden
Yeah I got the front fairing off ok.
There are combination of screws and those screw looking tabs.
Once all of them are off, the fairing is held onto the body by other self locking tabs etc. you really need to move the fairing bit by bit to get it off. And a few hard pulls helps too. It's a bit scary, but it didn't feel like anything was going to break, just gotta be careful.
Look for the instruction to install the USB socket, it will have all the instruction to take fairing off.
I did it without having the read any of the wording, cuz I don't read or speak much German... But picture was well enough to guide you through it.

Citation96

Well you might remember me from one of the first few post on this thread.

What is my news?

I just managed to put a down payment on a Standard Black ABS here in Canada. $13,999.00

FYI - Honda Canada is releasing only a few bikes this year because of the demand. He brought his list up on the computer and Honda is only shipping them 2 Manual Reds and 1 Silver DCT in May 2016. (The dealer owner is getting the Silver DCT) Then in June 2016, 2 Manual Blacks, 1 Manual Red and 1 Silver DCT. All will have ABS. This is ALL this dealer will see this year. They are only getting 7 bikes for the year 2016. He tells me if another dealer sells all the bikes quickly, Honda may request a return of a bike or two if no down payment is taken. So they will NOT be on the showroom floor this year in Canada.

MINE IS CONFIRMED. I ordered one of the Black ones in June... I am waiting a month
Where in Canada are you? I am in Moncton, NB. I ordered a red standard AT. No date for delivery yet, just sometime in May.

kristofh

Feb 8, 2016
Belgium
Hand guards are standard ;-)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

Posiden

May 25, 2015
So i finally managed to get the left hand fairing off today so I could wire in my 12 volt power supply for my Tom Tom 400 rider GPS.
things to note;- there are SIX push fit 'dogs.'
1. Four face into the bike and two above the headlights face along the line of travel, this is important as once you have the four side dogs loose on the side of the bike you need to pull the fairing forwards towards the front wheel to get the last two out. I applied a bit of lithium grease to al of the dogs once i got the fairing off and it makes a big difference when re asembling.
2. there are quite a few of the little black plastic fastners and its easy to miss one or two hiding inside the fairing.
3. there are quite a few tabs and plastic lips on the back of the fairing to aline all the other plastic parts together. Take care you dont break any like I did.
The L/H indicator and inner fairing all clip to each other and have a couple of bolts and two plastic clips holding all together, again be careful and dont drop any bits into the inner fairing.
4. the connection plug for the accessory socket is behind the clocks so I spliced into the + and - behind the socket.
Pic 1 - Note the green arrows indicate small 'T' shaped locators on the fairing that hold the nose cone in position - these look like they cold break easily, they slide backwards about 5 mm to get them out - dont pull them.
Pic 2 - you can see the two forward facing locating holes for the 'dogs' again I greased these before refitting.
Pic 3 - you can see the connections to back of the accessory socket. white and black wire is +. The socket wire was 12 inches too long. On reassembly I looped and cabled tied everything up tidily and out of the way. the fairing went together a lot easier but I did manage to misalign the fitting around the air intake in the front and had to take it off and refit it.
now I know how it should be easy if I ever need to get in there again. Hope this helps.

Attachments

Washryc

Jan 27, 2016
Dresden
Posiden - on your first Pic: I don't remember the black part of the inner fairing has to come off.
I had mine off with just the outta fairing.

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu