Windscreen problems - buffeting and noise

Black99S

Aug 25, 2016
BC, Canada
I bought a swagotech but got it for a regular twin. I then used it as a model and cut one a bit larger . Shipping from Canada makes sending it back pointless. If you want I will send it and you can pay shipping and whatever you want.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Where in Canada are you? If Vancouver I'm interested.

BlackRockFox

Nov 14, 2018
England
Update

Have been for another spin
The Explorer handguards seem to work well
It was quite gusty when I tried them so difficult to be more precise
Definitely the setup I have now is the best so far

Have made some "wings" as promised from cardboard
Will see if they improve the situation even more

Palmer products kit with screen and Explorer handguards
20190606_123118-sml.jpg

...and with the "wings"
20190606_130653-sml.jpg

WLYKWH

😈

royswwifft

Feb 12, 2019
CA
Well thanks for all the help. I can't afford to give up and I love everything else about this bike to much. Next thing I will do is figure out how to get a Batzen bracket and give that a try. Hopefully that does it for me cause I would rather spend money on bags, heated grips, hand guards, cruise control. Oh well it will all have to wait.
Drop me a line. I have a new one for sale.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

ToontownTim

May 5, 2019
Saskatchewan
With the Swegotech fork guard and the Batzen bracket installed, I am happy enough. On calm days it's beautiful. It still handles cross winds poorly but I'm happy to have it good sometimes. Thanks for all the advice. I got it to what I'd call acceptable without spending a fortune!

Reactions: Cuchulainn

About us

• Africatwin.org was established in 2015 to provide adventure motorcyclists an online community focusing on the Honda Africa Twin. The forum has grown exponentially through the years with excellent and insightful content. As a result of our growth, africatwin.org has expanded its media network to provide editorial content to the adventure riding community. Africatwin.org is not affiliated with Honda Motor Co. and any opinions expressed on this website are solely those of the author and do not represent Honda Motor Co. or africatwin.org.

Quick Navigation

User Menu