Dambuster Tour 2018

Discussion in 'Long Ride Reports' started by Davy F, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Davy F

Davy F Well-Known Member

5C9D9F4B-E916-4D87-8624-7F7A1B692A4A.jpeg So after a pleasant last night in a superb B&B, I started on my final leg of my journey. After the previous days terrible trip from Folkstone through miles upon miles of crap motorways and roadworks, the final leg was a pleasure diverting past the Ribblehead Viaduct in the Yorkshire Dales. Fudge bought and safely stashed, then on to Cairnryan for the ferry. Amazingly, it started to spit with rain 1 mile from the ferry terminal.

By the time I got home, I’d covered approx 2300 miles in 8 days and the bike averaged 60 mpg (Imp) and had performed faultlessly. It had done everything from off road tracks to sitting on the German Autobahns cruising at 110 mph. The Sargent seat was great and I was pretty fresh all things considered.

Admin and Hovis like this.
  2. Hovis

Hovis New Member

#22 Hovis, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Nice one Davy, great photos too. You should have popped into Duxford, fantastic RAF, Army and USAF museums.

Mohne Dam, I have a photo that looks just like yours, but I took it in 1985. I was based at RAF Gutersloh and spent many a day riding the roads in that area on my GPZ600, the roads were awesome.

3. Davy F

Davy F Well-Known Member

B096E117-30B9-42DF-8D72-714A846FD7FF.jpeg 7508349D-D538-4367-BA0C-A0F630B3DFDF.jpeg I’ve been to Duxford a few times, chum. Great museum as you say.....and I was there a couple of years ago at the Flying Legends airshow. Absolutely fantastic, I took a flight in their Harvard too. Not cheap, but what a thrill.

Admin likes this.
  4. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Well-Known Member

Corruptor of young minds
    Home Page:
    Looks like a terrific journey through history. Some pretty cool vehicles and planes.

5. Davy F

Davy F Well-Known Member

Yes’m, I’m very much into War history as my Dad was a Spitfire Pilot during WW2.