Have you installed Power Commander on 2017 AT?

Discussion in 'CRF1000L Fueling' started by Howdager, Sep 12, 2017.

1. I recently installed a Power Commander V on my otherwise stock AT. The improvement over stock fueling is remarkable. The only problem is that I'm getting a MIL (check engine) light for the O2 sensor. DynoJet is sending me a new O2 optimizer but I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem. TIA.

2. This isn't going to be very specific as it could be a multitude of things but some ideas to look at.
    If your AT is stock then I'm assuming the exhaust is stock too.
    Update the firmware.
    If you have the kit enable the auto tune feature in the software. Is the Air/Fuel mixture showing? if not put the blanks in the ports. They look like a blank piece of rubber but they terminate the unused data buses.
    Have you removed the O2 sensor (either replaced with Dyno sensor or an O2 eliminator) There is talk about the error not being fixed and is a bug in the ecu, triggered when the o2 sensor is removed... The ECU has to be replaced according to Honda dealers in order to solve this fault.
    Normally a mil error will be caused by the motor that opens the exhaust valve being in the wrong position. this could also be worth a try but
    It sounds like a faulty O2 sensor or the sensor wired incorrectly.

3. I'm guessing a too rich code???

4. The O2 optimizer is just a couple resistors that tell the bike the mixture is in the sweet spot while the actual O2 sensor is unplugged and doing nothing. The fact that I'm getting a MIL light for the O2 sensor means the bike isn't getting the signal back from the O2 sensor (now optimizer) that it expects. Still working with DynoJet to resolve issue. They've been very helpful BTW. I'll report results as soon as known.

5. You do understand is that the o2 sensor is there to give the cat what it needs to perform, and survive? If you keep dumping too much fuel down stream you're going to kill the cat and end up with even more performance problems. You might try installing an aftermarket exhaust (muffler and header), open up the straws that they put in as intake snorkels, disable the air injection and then have it dyno tuned to get the most out of the PC. Many times stock PCM's will handle exhaust and intake changes just fine, as long as they're done in concert, the PC should be the final step.