Hepco & Becker Luggage

Discussion in 'CRF1000L Luggage and Racks' started by MotoMachines, Feb 3, 2016.

1. #1 MotoMachines, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    The luggage racks/mounting systems we'll have available from Hepco & Becker in the coming weeks will include:
    • Rear Alurack (for top cases)
    • Rear Easyrack (for top cases)
    • C-Bow Carrier (for Street Soft Bag line)
    • Side Carrier (for side cases)
    • Side Carrier for cutout Xplorer case
    • Lock-it Tank Ring for Tank Bags
    Pic dump to follow to show all the different options!

2. C-Bow Carrier and Soft Bags:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Side Carrier & Rear Alurack/Easyrack with Side Cases and Top Cases
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Side Carriers for Xplorer Cases with exhaust cutout:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Lock-it Tank Ring for Tank Bags:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. How wide is this set?

7. That Xplorer set is approximately 42" or so. (40L on left 37L on right)

8. Very nice! I might have to convince the wife to let me pick up some of these pieces. I love the C-Bow.

What is that engine and fairing guard? I like the black and they look like they cover more of the bike than the Honda ones.

9. Glad you like! The C-Bow definitely provides a cheaper luggage alternative, close to $400 as opposed to $850+ for the hard cases.

Those guards are also Hepco & Becker made, they are the engine guard and tank guard. They can be mounted independently or together. 1 inch in diameter, and powder coated black. There will also be a stainless steel version available as well. Hepco & Becker makes them with what they call their tube-in-tube construction, basically a smaller tubular cast inside of the engine guard for added strength.

10. I really like the look of the Xplorer Cases with the exhaust cutout. Different size panniers always look off balance or lop sided to me. I know why they make them but these cases make more sense to me. If their construction is solid I think I've found my future side cases.
    Too bad I won't get my AT until April at the earliest.

11. They'll definitely fit into the same standard that H&B makes for their other carriers, so they would definitely be solid!

12. Anyone have experience with the new C-Bow Orbit bags?
    Would it be possible to mount a tool tube on the C-bow?

13. Sorry for the late response, have been out on the road for these Progressive Motorcycle Shows!

The tool tube is not designed for the C-Bow carrier, unfortunately.

Did you have any additional questions about the C-Bow carrier/ Orbit Bags?

14. MotoMachines, I have some questions about the xplorer cases, what size is the mounting tubes & the weight of the mount kit, left bag and right bag and top trunk [each weighed separately] if you can please. The bags are the right size I have been looking for 40l, 37l, and I like the quick take off mount kit with small bracket's left on bike when I do not need bags.
    Thank you.

15. I just ordered the Hepco permanently mounted rack.
    Why?
    - I don't need the lock-it mount because it's stay's always on the bike ;-)
    - I did some research on other racks (givi, touratech,..) and I personally find the Hepco most solid.
    I hope to have it next week.
    Pics will follow ;-)

16. Hey guys, sorry for the delays, have been busy switching to a new system!

The mounting tubes are 5/8ths of an inch. The cases are approximately 12.5lbs for the sides, and 13.5lbs for the top case. The carrier itself is 9.5lbs, and the rear rack approximately 5lbs.

17. The hepco rack is installed ;-)
    Fitted just nicely.

AfricaTwom likes this.