Midwest riders where are you

Discussion in 'USA Midwest Riders' started by Kevin A, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Looking to find other riders in the Northern Midwest who are interested in this bike. There are tons of rides in Wisconsin that combine paved and off road options. The best thing about this bike is it really appeals to those of us in smaller towns. There is always a Honda dealer nearby to get work done. KTM, BMW, and other "exotic" adv bikes have to drive hours to get appropriate service. Waiting patiently to see this bike in the dealership.

Admin and Fujiyama like this.
  2. waiting to see this bike in my garage! putting a down payment on one tomorrow. im in wisconsin...

3. Where/Who is taking down payments? In western Wisconsin dealers will call when the AT is available for order. $500 place holder here but only taken when order or allotment is known. Late October is what I was told to expect. It's not like a dealer to take money before they know if they can deliver

4. Most of the dealers I have talked to don't even have a clue about the Africa Twin. I'm educating them on the damn bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toxicadrenaline53 likes this.
  5. I'm in eastern Wisconsin. I've done a lot of business with team over the last 10 years and so has my family. They said they'll be getting one or two so I'm gettin a jump on it.

Admin likes this.
  6. Most of the dealers I have talked to don't even have a clue about the Africa Twin. I'm educating them on the damn bike!

toxicadrenaline53 likes this.
  7. I was being sarcastic regarding dealers taking down payments ahead of known stock, HD dealers around here have charged $1000 to get on a waiting list for highly sought out bike and that doesn't apply to the price. If someone has an established "in" with a dealer more power to you. If the hype transmits into sales this will be like the Honda Pilot in 2002 with people lining up to pay MSRP. Now at my local dealership most of the bikes are 5-10% off due to the time of year. My dealer is looking forward to the AT as they feel Honda have been in a design rut at least in the US. They like the idea not only from a sales standpoint but the increase in customer base for service and accessories.

Admin likes this.
  8. Regardless I cannot wait to get mine.

9. I"m in the Minneapolis suburbs. Bought an AT this year. Was so busy at work and such only put 200 miles on it then I had to go to Spain for a month, where I still am. If you are in Wisconsin, maybe we can get together some day. I still need to buy some saddle bags and a rack maybe.

10. I'm located in Southeast Kansas!