Ride around Sierra Nevada Mts

Discussion in 'Short Ride Reports' started by Jerry, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Jerry

Jerry New Member

#1 Jerry, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Got an early start. I live in Minden Nevada about 8 mile south of the capitol Carson City. I stopped in Carson City and got gas an then ate a bagel at Schauts Bakery and off I went. I traveled toward Reno through Washoe valley it was about 65 deg so the weather was nice. I then took the Mt Rose turn off toward North shore Lake Tahoe. Mt Rose has a grade to the top of the mountain it has some wide twisties and well maintained. The AT handles great and very comfortable to ride. I got to the top of Mt Rose and the stopped for a pic and then headed down the mountain toward Lake Tahoe. I got down to the bottom made a left toward south Lake Tahoe. About another 20 mile or so I stopped at a visitor center and had a cup of coffee looked around and picked up some hiking and trail maps. I then got going again till I arrived at a beach area, sat at a bench for a bit had some water I brought. Then off again to state-line and stopped at Big Daddys and had a Burger, boy was it good. I then tooled around town a bit went up to Heavenly Ski Resort then started to head back home form there. It was a short trip about 90 miles or so but a beautiful ride. The Sierra Nevada mountains is a wonderful place to ride, the sites are breath taking. I used to live in the SF Bay area most of my life but made the change 6 years ago and never looked back. There is mile after mile of back roads/fire roads galore. I have not been off road yet but when I make a tire change I will. If you ever have a chance to ride this area you will be amazed. Take care all an be safe.

Peace
    Jerry

Attached Files:

belrix and superfunkomatic like this.
  2. superfunkomatic

superfunkomatic Well-Known Member

Corruptor of young minds
    Home Page:
    Beautiful country in that area. Lots of really good road rides and offroad rides.

3. Jerry

Jerry New Member

Since living in The SF bay area for so long only traveling to Lake Tahoe just for a weekend you really do not see the whole picture. Now that I live up here I go there alot and finally comb the whole area and enjoying every minute of it. As Ferris Buller said if you dont stop and take a look around once in awhile to world will pass you by. Take care...

4. Ronbo04AT

Ronbo04AT New Member

Jerry, 1st, great ride report! 2nd, I live just down the road, Wellington (actually TRE). We should meet up some time. I just got my AT a few weeks ago and I am looking for guys to ride with. Let me know.

5. Jerry

Jerry New Member

Send me a PM we can plan something
    Jerry